Eileen Parzek offers several good networking tips in her article Networking without the Work — and answers the burning question, "How many people do I need to meet at a networking event?"
- Think about the types of relationships you would like to build for your business network.
- Network with people you want to be like or you respect.
- Ask sincere questions of the people you meet, and learn about them.
- Research before the networking event how you could help people in that group.
- Follow up with the people you met.
- Have a good relationship management process in place.